1. Within 7 days of your offer being accepted you need to have your home inspection if you choose to have one. We strongly suggest you do. Team Lally can make recommendations for inspectors. If this is a bank owned or short sale property, check withyour buyer specialist to see if Utilities are on. If they are not on, you might have to turn them on in your name if the bank is not willing to do so. This is not unusual.
2. If you are satisfied with the inspection, you will notify your lender and tell him to order your appraisal if he/she has not done so yet. If you are not satisfied, your buyer specialist can help you to renegotiate with the seller for a credit or repairs. Or at this point you can simply cancel.
3. It usually takes 3-5 days from the date your lender orders the appraisal for the appraiser to schedule and conduct the appraisal.
4. The appraisal takes 3-10 days for the results to be revealed. With VA appraisals expect 2-3 weeks.
5. During this time your lender should have all of the required documents. It’s best to check with your lender to confirm he/she has everything they need.
6. You should call to get homeowners insurance quotes at this time. It’s best you send your insurance agent the MLS info sheet. If you don’t have one, ask our Closing Coordinator for the “MLS Info Sheet”. This will prevent your insurance agent from asking you a million questions about the home. *If you need a recommendation for an insurance agent let us know. We have a great one that we work with.
7. When you’re about 3 days away from closing you should call the Gas, Electric and Water Company and ask to “Transfer Utilities” for the date of your closing. Here is the contact info:
The Gas Company: 808.535.5933
Hawaiian Electric Company: 808.548.7311
Board of Water Supply: 808.748.5000
8. You should do a “Final Walkthrough” of the property you are purchasing within 24 hours before closing to confirm the property is in the same condition that it was in when you agreed to purchase the property. If for some reason your Realtor doesn’t contact you, please reach out to them to get this scheduled.
9. For the day of closing you will need your driver’s license for all signers and a Cashiers Check for the amount you are required to bring to closing. Your lender will be the one to give you the amount you will need to bring to closing. The Cashiers Check should be made out to the title company. This is very important. It must be a Bank Cashiers Check and it must be made out to the title company.
10. If your name is on the purchase agreement, you will need to be present at the closing or have signed a power of attorney for someone to sign on your behalf. If you are doing a power of attorney, you will need to notify our closing department and your lender at least seven days prior to closing.
11. The day before closing or sometimes even the day of, you should be in communication with your lender because they will tell you exactly how much you need to bring to closing. Don’t be alarmed or upset if you get this number the day of closing or even an hour or two before closing. This is very common. For whatever reason, the banks wait until the last minute to gather final numbers. It’s not your lenders fault; there is a lot of coordination in the final hours between Title Company and lender preparing all of the documentation and HUD 1 Closing Statement.
12. Closings are typically done Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 P.M. The closing should take 1 to 3 hours depending on if everyone is on time and whether or not the loan funds right away. If this is a late closing say 3:00 or later, there is a very good chance it will not fund until the next day. In Hawaii the recording of property or official title transfer typically will be completed 2 days after signing.
1. If I find items during the inspection that are broken or need to be repaired can I ask the seller to repair or replace?
Yes, you can ask for the items to be repaired, replaced or you can ask for a credit towards closing costs or a price reduction for an estimated amount and then you will assume the repairs and work needed to be done.
2. If I get denied on my loan will I get my earnest money deposit back?
Yes you will, assuming your purchase agreement has a mortgage contingency. Most do.
3. What if the home doesn’t appraise for what we offered them?
If the home doesn’t appraise you are back to the negotiating table trying to find a price that everyone agrees to.
4. Can I pay over the appraised value if I want to?
Yes you can, more times than not, it is a compromise between the buyer and seller. However anything you pay over the appraised value is that much more than your required down payment that you will need to bring to the closing.
“Mrs Lally was very aggressive with advertising and putting our home out there. She sold our house 5 days after listing. Wow! We were excited and very impressed with her quick sale. We will definetly use her services again when we sell our next home.”
“Aloha, My name is Bryon Tucker. My wife and I sold our home via Short Sale with Remax Team Lally. We are very pleased with the sale! I have had the pleasure of working with Adrienne & Attilio for the past several years. They work hard and educate themselves. There is nobody in this business that works harder, studies more, and has the experience to sell your home.! And their marketing systems is second to none!! They make it easy….they handle the banks for you…so you don’t have to! When it comes to selling your home in distress, do what I did! Sell your home with Remax Team Lally! Yay!!!!”
“I walked away from my property three years ago and assumed that it would get foreclosed upon or just disappear….Three years later I was contacted by a tenant that was being rented the condo from a company that was operating illegally and claimed to have ownership of it….I contacted Team Lally and they were able to navigate these very difficult waters: me not having paid my mortgage for three years, a company claiming ownership, the condo association not happy because they were not paid for three years…Team Lally worked through all of this to complete a short sale of the property and I paid virtually nothing…I worked with other real estate companies in the past and Team Lally blows them away, I would highly recommend them for all your real estate needs”
“My husband and I worked with Cherie Fikani. Amazing customer service. She was always available to answer questions in person, emails, texts and phonecalls. My husband and I never had to wait on a response or ask for an update. She was always well prepared.I like that she was patient… understanding even. She listens to the specifics and works with us on it without rushing us through. This experience could have been a scary ride but Cherie made sure nothing takes away the excitement of buying a home.Mahalo Nui Mrs. Fikani I would most definitely recommend TEAM LALLY to family and friends.”
“Adrienne, Attilio, and Howard worked hard and patiently to get my condo sold. Despite working through hours where it was difficult to reach me in Boston. Their phone calls, emails, and use of the docusign system set the stage for the sale in a tough market. Thanks once again for your helpfulness and professionalism.”
“Working with Team Lally was fantastic! Celeste helped us to buy a new home and Adrienne and Atillio helped us to sell a home. Team Lally was responsive to all of our needs and questions. Team Lally exceeded our expectations!”
“When it comes to Team Work, Team Lally is the best!. Great communication and customer service. Adrianne and Attilio kept us updated during the entire process of selling our home. The entire helped us through the process and gave us great advice. Thank you Team Lally!!!”
“I purchased my first home with Team Lally. Cathy was an absolutely fantastic agent and I would recommend her to anyone! We had very specific needs for our home, and Cathy helped us meet every single one of them. We also were in the need of moving in within 45 days of moving to the island. Cathy made that happen! Team Lally is fantastic. Buy a house!”
“Team Lally is amazing!! What a great experience dealing with a stressful time in our family’s life! They were easy to talk to and knew everything we needed! I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy OR sell a home in Hawaii!”
“As first-time home buyers, I couldn’t have asked for a better realty than Team-Lally!Three months prior to moving to Hawaii from the mainland, we began our search online by looking at pictures and viewing videos of current listings in Kaneohe and Kailua. We were so fortunate to have Team Lally as our agent. Team Lally was knowledgeable, patient, and honest; they even went out of their way to record videos of a few homes. Via e-mail and over the phone, they addressed all my questions and concerns. By the time we arrived, we were so well prepared and closed on the house we wanted in no time! If we buy or sell again, we are definitely calling Team Lally”