1. Within 7 days of your offer being accepted you need to have your home inspection if you choose to have one. We strongly suggest you do. Team Lally can make recommendations for inspectors. If this is a bank owned or short sale property, check withyour buyer specialist to see if Utilities are on. If they are not on, you might have to turn them on in your name if the bank is not willing to do so. This is not unusual.
2. If you are satisfied with the inspection, you will notify your lender and tell him to order your appraisal if he/she has not done so yet. If you are not satisfied, your buyer specialist can help you to renegotiate with the seller for a credit or repairs. Or at this point you can simply cancel.
3. It usually takes 3-5 days from the date your lender orders the appraisal for the appraiser to schedule and conduct the appraisal.
4. The appraisal takes 3-10 days for the results to be revealed. With VA appraisals expect 2-3 weeks.
5. During this time your lender should have all of the required documents. It’s best to check with your lender to confirm he/she has everything they need.
6. You should call to get homeowners insurance quotes at this time. It’s best you send your insurance agent the MLS info sheet. If you don’t have one, ask our Closing Coordinator for the “MLS Info Sheet”. This will prevent your insurance agent from asking you a million questions about the home. *If you need a recommendation for an insurance agent let us know. We have a great one that we work with.
7. When you’re about 3 days away from closing you should call the Gas, Electric and Water Company and ask to “Transfer Utilities” for the date of your closing. Here is the contact info:
The Gas Company: 808.535.5933
Hawaiian Electric Company: 808.548.7311
Board of Water Supply: 808.748.5000
8. You should do a “Final Walkthrough” of the property you are purchasing within 24 hours before closing to confirm the property is in the same condition that it was in when you agreed to purchase the property. If for some reason your Realtor doesn’t contact you, please reach out to them to get this scheduled.
9. For the day of closing you will need your driver’s license for all signers and a Cashiers Check for the amount you are required to bring to closing. Your lender will be the one to give you the amount you will need to bring to closing. The Cashiers Check should be made out to the title company. This is very important. It must be a Bank Cashiers Check and it must be made out to the title company.
10. If your name is on the purchase agreement, you will need to be present at the closing or have signed a power of attorney for someone to sign on your behalf. If you are doing a power of attorney, you will need to notify our closing department and your lender at least seven days prior to closing.
11. The day before closing or sometimes even the day of, you should be in communication with your lender because they will tell you exactly how much you need to bring to closing. Don’t be alarmed or upset if you get this number the day of closing or even an hour or two before closing. This is very common. For whatever reason, the banks wait until the last minute to gather final numbers. It’s not your lenders fault; there is a lot of coordination in the final hours between Title Company and lender preparing all of the documentation and HUD 1 Closing Statement.
12. Closings are typically done Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 P.M. The closing should take 1 to 3 hours depending on if everyone is on time and whether or not the loan funds right away. If this is a late closing say 3:00 or later, there is a very good chance it will not fund until the next day. In Hawaii the recording of property or official title transfer typically will be completed 2 days after signing.
1. If I find items during the inspection that are broken or need to be repaired can I ask the seller to repair or replace?
Yes, you can ask for the items to be repaired, replaced or you can ask for a credit towards closing costs or a price reduction for an estimated amount and then you will assume the repairs and work needed to be done.
2. If I get denied on my loan will I get my earnest money deposit back?
Yes you will, assuming your purchase agreement has a mortgage contingency. Most do.
3. What if the home doesn’t appraise for what we offered them?
If the home doesn’t appraise you are back to the negotiating table trying to find a price that everyone agrees to.
4. Can I pay over the appraised value if I want to?
Yes you can, more times than not, it is a compromise between the buyer and seller. However anything you pay over the appraised value is that much more than your required down payment that you will need to bring to the closing.
“When it comes to Team Work, Team Lally is the best!. Great communication and customer service. Adrianne and Attilio kept us updated during the entire process of selling our home. The entire helped us through the process and gave us great advice. Thank you Team Lally!!!”
“My esperience working with Team Lally was outstanding! The entire team collaborated with me, even though I was 12 time zones away! Working together, we were able to focus my search on the selected properties during my inital 8 day visit to Oahu. Team Lally helped me understand the local market, while listening to, and addressing my concerns all along the way! The outcome was the right house, at a great price! We even closed on the property before my final arrival on island! My thanks to all! Team Lally is truly a customer focused team!”
“Team Lally was very professional throughout the entire process of selling my house. They got it on the market quickly, and within a week it had sold!”
“First conversation with Attilio Leonardi was a no pressure sales call. He was patient with all my questions, not hurried, and very knowledgeable about the short sale process. That helped establish trust and confidence in hiring their team. Other members of the team, with special mention to Howard Nett, all contributed to the successful negotiation. The short sale process was all together long and tedious; but as long as you commit to your part as a seller (i.e. providing necessary paperwork in a timely manner), team Lally will make the process as smooth and painless as possible with their professionalism.”
“Team Lally are great. I have not had the chance to buy a house yet but I know that whenever we walk in the office we are considered not only a valued customer but as family. I am lucky to have them on my side.”
“When my husband and I began working with Team Lally, we thought we were in an impossible situation. We had been working with our then current realtor for more than a year and to no avail. The short sale on our condo proved to be too much for her. Three failed contracts later, we were finally referred to Team Lally. At this point in the process, we were very disappointed and a skeptical.To our surprise we were greeted with smiling faces and reassuring words by Adrienne Lally and Attilio Leonardi, however, I still remained skeptical. Then we were introduced to Howard, an Agent with Team Lally. From the start he was professional and extremely efficient and patient. He worked day and night and made me feel we were Team Lally’s only clients. I would honestly have so much anxiety with our short sale and yet every time I spoke with Howard I was put at ease. It took six months to close, but it was to no fault of our Realtors but due to our Mortgage Company (GreenTree) dragging their feet and playing hardball. The entire process was made easy with Team Lally steering us. Howard’s communication and explanations in all of this is what made it straightforward. Whether via email or telephone, I felt informed of the whole process. Again, I honestly at one point thought we were his only clients. Thank you Howard. Team Lally is EXCELLENT! They used every avenue to promote our property, from the internet like Zillow and Trulia to mailings to magazines. They took a disappointing …
“Last year my wife and I came to Hawaii for a quick to buy a house for our impending move to the islands. Cherrie worked hard and helped us to get under contrsct and then close the deal. Hats off to the Lally Team”
“My husband and I worked with Cherie Fikani. Amazing customer service. She was always available to answer questions in person, emails, texts and phonecalls. My husband and I never had to wait on a response or ask for an update. She was always well prepared.I like that she was patient… understanding even. She listens to the specifics and works with us on it without rushing us through. This experience could have been a scary ride but Cherie made sure nothing takes away the excitement of buying a home.Mahalo Nui Mrs. Fikani I would most definitely recommend TEAM LALLY to family and friends.”
“Adrienne was extremely helpful!! We were first-time homebuyers and purchased a short sale on top of that. Adrienne helped us understand every step and the entire process was smooth from start to finish. We highly recommend her and her team!”
“Dealing with team Lally has been a great experience. All of the agents which I encountered were very knowledgeable and courteous. The office which they conducted their business was neat and tidy. The atmosphere was very conducive.”